Sunday, October 4, 2009

Next thing you know Obama will be proposing Universal Death Care.

Headline...


You wanna see crowded?  
This is nothing compared to the LA County morgue.

I've been sitting on this one for a few days because I posted on a similar story in the Los Angeles Times back in July.  Post here.

I'm not going to dwell on this too much and I feel really bad for folks who have been slammed by this economy.  But, come on.  A cremation is not that expensive.  I have hispanic families that hold car washes so their gang-banging son can have a full traditional Catholic funeral.   (Average cost, $7500.00 not counting the cemetery plot.)

Some of the comments are just discouraging.  People blaming the government, blaming Bush, blaming the funeral homes, basically blaming everybody but themselves because they didn't plan ahead or got caught by surprise by The Grim Reaper.  It reminds me of Katrina and New Orleans.  (Another city that has been run by democrats for about a thousand years.)  It's always the gubmint's job to get me out of my jam and make me whole.  If the city of Detroit wants to get involved in the disposition of bodies, they should build a crematory and do them for cost.  I bet some stimulus money is coming their way.  Or maybe cut a union benefit or two, hmmmm?

I will tell you this right now for those of you who may not have gotten the memo.  YOUR PARENTS ARE GOING TO DIE.  YOU ARE GOING TO DIE.  THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE AN EXCEPTION MADE IN YOUR CASE.  IT'S NOT A QUESTION OF IF, BUT WHEN.  THIS IS SOMETHING THAT ADULTS TAKE CARE OF.

Whew, I feel better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment