Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Kourtney Kardashian's belly finally attains equal ballast with her ass.

I gotta admit ladies, I'm at a loss on this one and need you to help me out.  Like most guys my interest in pregnancy pretty much ends with the planting of the seed.  I've found that when a woman enters about the fourth month the company of other hens is preferred and the rest of the mystery is a door closed to men.  Yeah, yeah, I know, The Funeral Guy is kinda sexist.  (Mrs. Funeral Guy: "Kinda????!!!!!")

I bring this up because I came across this picture of Kourtney Kardashian today.  Hmmmmm...that didn't sound quite the way I meant it.  I mean I found this picture of Kourtney Kardashian today.


I understand that Ms. Kardashian gets paid 
for going to parties and nightclubs and such.
Maybe it's time for maternity leave. 

Is this standard pregnancy couture these days?  Now admittedly the pregnant ladies I run into in my sleepy little bedroom community are more the sweatshirt and loose pants version of fecundity.  I think even with celebs the nude preggo magazine covers are more the exception than the rule.  I understand the "pregnancy is beautiful" notion, but a hundred pounds of sausage in a fifty pound casing is stretching the idea of sexy just a bit.  (And I do mean stretching.)

On the other end of the scale we have this.



I once had a lady say to me "I'm going to have a baby.  I don't want to dress like a baby."  The outfit that Lucille Ball is wearing in this photo is exactly the one that my mom wore when she was ripe with the impending birth of Little Baby Funeral Guy.  There must be a happy medium somewhere.

One last thought.  Ms. Ball is pictured with her husband Ricky.  (Yes, I know he was a philanderer.)   Ms. Kardashian and her baby daddy are reportedly working on their issues.  I'm not making judgments, just noting the change of mores.

No comments:

Post a Comment