Sunday, October 25, 2009

I'd hate to have to explain this behavior at the Pearly Gates.


Reverend Ed Hinds

This is some boy-I'm-going-to-Hell-for-this-one heinous crime.  A priest in Chatham, New Jersey was stabbed 32 times in the head and neck with a kitchen knife at the rectory of St. Patrick's Church.  Popular parish priest Reverend Ed Hinds died of his wounds.  Police have made an arrest of the church janitor and here is the big shocker.  Jose Feliciano did it!!  For those of you not of the boomer generation you may not be aware that Jose Feliciano had a bunch of hit records in the late 60's and 70's.  His bluesy, acoustic rendition of The Doors Light My Fire was a particular favorite.  I had no idea that his career had taken such a downturn that the only employment he could find was janitorial work.  What makes it even more poignant is when you remember that Jose was totally blind.  How could the priest not just run away?  You would think that maybe a smaller venue in Vegas or even a cruise ship would have been able to find a spot for an old hitmaker and he wouldn't have been all bitter and angry enough to do something like this.


Jose Feliciano.  Low life priest murderer.  Who 'da thunk it? 

Wait a minute...what's that, honey?...Uh, if you don't mind, I'm trying to finish this.  Whadda 'ya mean it's not that Jose Feliciano.  No...I didn't see the picture on Fox News.  How many Jose Felicianos could there be in the world?  OK...maybe not in the world...but in the United States.   That's a common name if you're Puerto Rican?  You're sure.  No, I don't have to be right all the time.  There's a picture in the paper?  Show it to me.  Oh...well he is wearing glasses...Yes, I can see that they're not sunglasses.  OK...well 'ya gotta admit it was an honest mistake.  Never mind then...I stand corrected.  My apologies to the guitar playing Jose Feliciano.


Jose Feliciano.  Low life priest murderer.  Who 'da thunk it?

No comments:

Post a Comment