Wednesday, June 22, 2011

When it's all over. As it will be for us all someday.

When I started this blog my main focus was going to be death related issues, funeral stories and the like.  I soon realized because of privacy concerns a great deal of the truly hysterical shit that happens around here will have to wait for my posthumous memoirs.  How The Funeral Guy evolved into dick jokes, skank fuckery and weird criminal news is something I'm sure only a qualified therapist could sort out.

The groundskeepers will be there shortly.  You're not in any hurry. 

The only reason I can fathom that I missed this article when it came out in early 2010, is that I'd long ago cancelled my subscription to the Los Angeles Times.   Since it was only good for being a liberal/left-wing bird cage liner.  If you have any interest at all in what we do here in the "death trade" or your only familiarity is that you watched Six Feet Under (90% bullshit, by the way), you could not do better than to read this award winning article in it's entirety.  Granted it's long, but we are talking about eternity here.  I either know or am familiar with most of the people mentioned in the article.  The writing is outstanding.

I have only a few minor quibbles.  Pallbearers don't "shoulder" a casket to a graveside anymore, at least not in this country.  That's why there are handles on the side.  Also some of the pricing seems a little off, but all in all, it's right on the money.

Highly recommended.

h/t GoodShit

No comments:

Post a Comment