Friday, December 11, 2009

Died on this date:

Bettie Page
Pin-up Icon
April 22, 1923-Dec. 11, 2008
(Age 85)



One of my earliest fantasies.  I'm sure I first found pictures of Bettie Page while rooting around in my dad's secret hiding places.  She was one honey of a gal.  The Girl Next Door who just happened to enjoy a good hair brush spanking while wearing high heels, stockings and a garter belt.  Very sexy.

Everything I ever read about Bettie Page revealed her to be actually very sweet and somewhat guileless.  Even in the guilt ridden 50's she seemed to have the attitude of "its just a naked body, what's the big deal?'   Hear, hear.

Bettie didn't want to be photographed in her later years because she always wanted her many fans to remember her as she was in her heyday.  Don't worry, Bettie.  We do.  We do.

From complications of pneumonia.

Wikipedia has a good overview of her life and career.

No comments:

Post a Comment