Wednesday, April 28, 2010

After sex, drinking and sexy drunks, finally...some DEATH!!!!!

I got this link from about three people today, but as usual, there was one that was first over the finish line.  So a shout out to the man who wastes more time on the interwebs than I do.  Our old friend tbird.

Embalming is always more art than science and there is an embalmer at Marin Funeral Home in Puerto Rico that is a real Rembrandt (or Rembrandto, if you will).  We were looking at this at work today and were trying to figure out how the embalmer did this.  We were thinking in a chair maybe.  When you embalm a deceased person they get stiff really fast.  Think super-charged Jello.   We're going to ask our guy when he comes in tomorrow how he thought it was done.



This is the same funeral home that did the viewing of the Standing Homeboy.  I wonder if this place specializes in murdered gangbangers since that's how both of these dudes met their Maker.

Marin Funeral Home. 
No final wish is too bizarre. 

Meanwhile over in Switzerland, the go to place when you want to off yourself no questions asked, some 300 urns have been found in Lake Zurich.  The urns were traced to the Dignitas Clinic which assists folks with their suicides.  This was not a case of great detective work since the logo of the crematory that serves Dignitas was stamped on top of the urns.  

I find this story odd.  Didn't these people make some kind of arrangement for the disposition of their remains?  If these were terminally ill people wouldn't their families want them back?  If you ask me Dignitas doesn't sound very dignified.  Although, if I was a Russian or Italian mafioso the greedy owner of a euthanasia outfit might be just the kind of guy I'd like to talk to about helping me with some enemies.

These are awfully big urns. 
I would suspect that cremains were co-mingled 

Finally, when it comes to assisted suicide both sides of the issue have valid points.  Slippery slopes vs. individual autonomy.  Tough questions for sure. The only thing I do know is that I couldn't work in a place like Dignitas.  That's not a job I'd want to have to rationalize on Judgement Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment