Saturday, July 23, 2011

Died Today:

Amy Winehouse
Singer
Sept. 14, 1983-July 23, 2011
(Age 27)
Amy could look kind of hot when she was cleaned up. 

Unfortunately, this was the face 
The Wino presented most often to the world.

To the surprise of I'm sure no one, Amy Winehouse was found dead at her home today.  Not much in the way of details at this time.  I'm sure we can all take an educated guess as to the cause.  This being the modern age, her fellow celebrity colleagues are taking a few moments from their frightfully busy Saturday to Tweet their condolences.

A quick look at my archives tells me I've never done a snarky post about The Wino.  She just seemed like too easy a target.  Great voice, great recordings but too fucked up to give a great concert or to sustain any kind of career.  Just sad, really.  Total waste of talent and of a life.  Nothing more to say.  (Unless something particularly juicy about her demise warrants comment.)

P.S. I hope Lindsay Lohan is taking note.

No comments:

Post a Comment